Cakebox uses multibackup to create daily backups of critical box files which are then stored on your local machine for safe keeping.
Good to know
- backups can be found on your local machine in the
- backup retention: 90 days
- to manually start the backup run
sudo multibackupinside your box
- backups are created daily at 5:00 AM. To change:
/etc/cron.d/backup-liveconfig(visit crontab guru for help)
- reload cron by running
sudo service cron reload
The default configuration file
/home/vagrant/.multibackup.conf will backup:
.envconfiguration files found in /home/vagrant (recursively)
- the full database server with all databases (using Percona Xtrabackup)
Additional folders can be added to the backups by specifying them in the configuration file.